Since 2001, the number of people being admitted to the United States has been steadily declining while the number of deportations has been increasing.

"The Immigration reform proposed earlier this year would have created a path to citizenship for millions of people in desperate need for help. Unfortunately, this legislation failed. But hope is not completely gone and somehow, someday, the Government will allow people who entered the United States without inspection to eventually live and work legally in our Country. Today, a major epidemic facing the Hispanic community is the misinformation concerning immigration entitlement. For example, many people do not realize if they entered the U.S. without inspection, married to a United States Citizen, and have children that are US citizens, may not make any difference to their legal status and put them at risk for deportation. The problem is that non-experts such as notaries and lawyers not specializing in this area are giving out incorrect legal advice. Immigration issues require an immigration attorney. The best protection you can have is knowledge. If you have any questions about how to change your legal status, please call us."

  Remember to marque A-M-E-R-I-C-A when you need help! 263-7422

The current system doesn't work and nearly everyone knows it. Until reform occur, aliens in the U.S. must take every precaution to avoid problems with immigration.

Anyone who entered the U.S. without a visa, whose I-94 and/or visa expired, or was arrested for any type of charge should not apply for any benefit without first consulting a lawyer (not a notario, whose assistance has been outlawed by the state of Illinois due to the harm created for so many people). Too much misinformation exists concerning immigration entitlement. For example, many people do not realize that with very narrow exceptions, if you entered the U.S. without inspection, marriage to a U.S. citizen will not make any difference to your legal status and you most likely will be deported even if you have U.S. citizen children here. Or, if you file an immigrant petition for an alien relative who has been unlawfully present in the U.S., once the person leaves the U.S. to return to his or her consulate for an interview, they can be barred from returning to the U.S. again for up to 10 years. Another common problem occurs when permanent residents who have criminal records apply for citizenship, not understanding that this could lead to their losing their permanent resident status and being deported. This situation could often have been completely avoided if the person had filed for citizenship at the earliest opportunity, or if the person had used a lawyer who understood the consequences of criminal convictions at the time of making a plea agreement.

If someone you love is being detained by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for an immigration law violation, it may be possible to get him or her released on bond. An immigration lawyer can assist you with this, and unlike a bond agent, may also be able to get the bond lowered. Sometimes a lawyer may not be able to keep your relative in the U.S., but can negotiate a voluntary departure so that there will be no deportation on record, making it somewhat easier for your relative to return to the U.S. again. It is important for these reasons and more to consult with an immigration attorney in this situation so that you can explore all options for obtaining release.

Untitled Page