FACT: On January 1st, 2006 the law drastically changed making first time DUI arrests a felony.
Remember to marque A-M-E-R-I-C-A when you need help! 263-7422
A DUI conviction can have serious effects on your life. Walk into any DUI court room in the State of Illinois and discover that at least half charged are Hispanic. Language barriers and police bias often contribute to improper charges.
Remember the attorney for the State must prove your guilt beyond any reasonable doubt. Every piece of evidence intended to be used against you can be argued on your behalf. The State must prove that you were either driving with an unlawful blood or breath alcohol level or that you were under the influence of alcohol or an illegal substance to the extent that your normal faculties were impaired.
The arresting officer must have a valid reason to stop your car to investigate and must also advise you of options and penalties concerning the breathalizer test. Understand your rights and protect yourself.
Here are some possible penalties that may result from a DUI conviction:
• A conviction for DUI will go on your criminal and driving record.
• Your driver’s license will be suspended for a period of time.
• You may go to jail.
• You will pay fines.
• You may have an ignition interlock device installed at your expense.
• You will be required to go to intervention programs and possibly further treatment.
• Your automobile insurance rates may increase for several years.
• It may be difficult to obtain life insurance with a conviction for DUI.
Marque A-M-E-R-I-C-A is available direct in the 312, 708, 847, 773, 815 and 414 area codes.
For 630 and 219 locations, please use one of the listed area codes.